Learn More About the Golden Visa Program
Innovating for Golden Visas
Historically, Citizenship through Investment programs were chained to real estate.
Investors suffered risk from boom & bust in speculative markets and paid huge taxes & commissions which absorbed profit.
Communities suffered social inequality, artificially inflated house prices, and vast carbon emissions through intensive construction of empty properties*.
Now investors can combat climate change, protect our soil, secure long-term jobs, food security and biodiversity, all with the same investment used to achieve new citizenship.
* 1 tonne of CO2 is emitted for every 1 tonne of concrete poured
Farmland: Reassuringly Durable
Bill Gates has become the USA’s largest private owner of farmland because he knows it’s uniquely resistant to recession.
Risk averse investors appreciate a reassuringly uncomplicated proposal. Our strategy is to lease land to sustainable partners - predictable, contractually protected income - a relaxing route to citizenship.
10.5 billion people on Earth in 2050 means demand for crop production will double!
The value of farmland is linked to population growth. Our investments are 100% backed by a reassuringly durable asset.
*Portuguese financial regulation states that we are not allowed to guarantee returns - all investments are subject to risk. We calculate a 5% annual dividend from rent collection and project a conservative 2% per year in land appreciation, leading to a blended total of 7% APY.
“Citizenship through Investment” is the name give to government-lead programs in which foreign investors gain access to citizenship in a new country by investing a specified amount into that country for a specified period of time.
The Portuguese government supply each of your family members with Golden Visas when you make an investment. This gives you the freedom to live and work in Portugal, as well as to travel throughout other Schengen countries.
The Golden Visa is extremely flexible - although you are immediately entitled to move to Portugal if you want to, you are not obliged to. In fact, you can spend as little as 7 days per year in Portugal, if you would rather live elsewhere.
After as little as 5 years, your family is eligible for Portuguese passports, at which point you become citizens of the Schengen Area - the largest free-movement-of-people zone in the world.
The investment required into a Portuguese fund is only €500,000. There will also be fees applied to the government immigration agency, totaling approximately €20,000. We can provide a detailed breakdown of exactly how this will apply in your case.
Assuming you have your documents, the Portuguese government approval for the Golden Visa program takes around four weeks.
If you need, we can help by connecting you with lawyers to guide you through the application process. If you prefer, you can also research and select your own lawyers. We’d be happy to answer any questions on the phone.
Pela Terra Farmland Fund is fully managed by STAG Management SCR SA. The fund is fully regulated by the Portuguese Securities Market Authority (CMVM).
Green is the new Gold
We know first-hand that steady, reliable profits are necessary to attract the right kind of backing to sustainability projects.
In Pela Terra Farmland, we have a business model optimised for stability, durability, and environmental restoration.
We are delighted to be able to offer Golden Visas, ultimately convertible to Portuguese passports, to change-making investors who join us on a mission to make our descendents proud.
What better way to put your investment to work while it earns your European citizenship?